|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||McDaniel applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2018||04/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Please double check brochure below for official program dates.
|Language of Instruction:||English, French||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Housing Options:||Apartment||Areas of Study:||Economics, French, Political Science|
|Program Type:||Exchange, Study Abroad|
Université Saint-Louis-Bruxelles Exchange
Brussels, BelgiumThe Université Saint-Louis, founded in 1858, is home to 2,800 students from over 60 different countries. Courses at Saint-Louis are taught in a spirit of cultural openness, with emphasis on the international dimension. The university is primarily a French-speaking school that offers a range of courses at the undergraduate level, taught in French and Dutch as well as some courses in the social sciences taught in English. Université Saint-Louis is known for its friendly atmosphere, and relations between students and professors are relaxed, both in and out of the classroom. The university has three faculties or departments–Arts and Letters, Law and Economics, Social and Political Sciences—with particular strength in the social sciences. It offers the bachelor degree in these fields as well as a number of post-graduate degrees.
Université Saint-Louis is situated in the center of Brussels, the capital of Belgium, and of the country’s French and Flemish communities. It is near two metro stations and ten minutes by foot from Brussels North Station. The university has all the advantages of a large multicultural metropolis and is an ideal environment for learning and research. The city boasts a range of cultural activities and leisure time pursuits for students.
Brussels is home to the NATO headquarters, the European Parliament and Commission, and the offices of a large number of business federations and other international pressure groups. Numerous cultural institutions of international standing have also chosen Brussels as their home. Université Saint-Louis both benefits from and contributes to this dynamic picture, which is why its student population is increasingly diverse and international.
Université Saint-Louis has several halls of residence within walking distance from campus.
How to ApplyStudents will have to apply to both McDaniel and USL. Once you have been approved by McDaniel, you will be sent the application for USL. To start the McDaniel application, click the Apply Now button. The USL exchange requires a bit more paperwork and time, and it is critical that you start the application process early. Due to visa processing times, it is important that you meet all deadlines and apply for your visa as soon as you are able.
- minimum 3.0 GPA
- Good disciplinary standing
- 2nd semester First-Year, Sophomore, Junior, or 1st semester Senior status while participating in the program (exceptions made with special permission from the Dean of Students)
Searching for Classes
Course listings can be found by following the instructions in the Brussels Courses Selection Guide.
Classes taught in English can be found by following this link.
Important Additional Information
- Grades and credits transfer from USL to McDaniel College. All financial aid and McDaniel College grants/scholarships can be applied to the Brussels Exchange Program.
- The Bursar at McDaniel College will bill students for McDaniel tuition and administrative fees.
- Students will arrange for their own accommodations through Françoise Paulus at Saint-Louis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be billed for their housing directly by Saint-Louis.
- While you are abroad, the Registrar will notify you by e-mail when the schedule of classes for the following semester has been posted on the web, with instructions on how to register for your courses online through Archway. Please select courses in consultation with your advisors at McDaniel AND the Erasmus office in Brussels. We will facilitate that communication as needed.
Université Saint-Louis-Bruxelles Website
Be sure to carefully review USL's website to learn about the the academic calendar, courses offered during your semester, information about medical insurance, visa and housing.